AWS — Infrastructure as Code Tutorial — Setting Prerequisites
This article explains setting prerequisites to Tutorial: AWS Infrastructure as Code — this is part of another project, and I am happy to share it. Each lesson in this tutorial will cover 3 ways to work with AWS Infrastructure as Code:
You do not need to follow all of the methods, just the one which you are interested in. This tutorial will be updated once a week. Some lessons will be based on Windows, some on Linux, or MacOS. I recommend running this in VM, or AWS Lightsail or Docker container where you can install all of the components below — you will need to install VSCode server then. If it is requested, I will also record videos.
OK, you need:
- AWS Account — Link to create free account, or login to an existing one
- Text Editor — I will use VSCode -available for free for 3 OSes, and some plugins, also you can use Cloud9, depending on requests, I can switch to Cloud9
- Terraform binary for your OS
- Python 3.7+
- AWS CLI — Version 2 is preffered
- Plugins for VSCode, plus utilities cfn-lint, cnf-nag, taskcat
- AWS CDK
If there are any questions about setting up any of the above steps, please let me know, I can write a quick tutorial.